Natural Soapmaking (once Soap Naturally) Natural Skin Care Handbooks
Natural skin care recipes: creams, lotions, hair conditioners
The contents of this page are © copyright Marina Tadiello - All rights reserved
Luscious body butter recipe
This rich body butter is particularly suited to dry skin and chapped, cracked hands and feet.
Yield: 500 grams
- 100g shea butter
- 75g virgin coconut oil
- 50g cocoa butter
- 50g mango butter
- 50g macadamia oil
- 35g avocado oil
- 35g jojoba oil
- 35g rice bran oil
- 35g sweet almond oil
- 35g macwax
- 6 drops rosemary oleoresin extract (optional)
- Measure out all ingredients into a stainless steel or heat resistant glass container.
- Place the container in a pot half full of hot water, and heat on the stove until all the ingredients are melted.
- (Optional) Cool down to around 50ºC / 122º F before adding the desired essential oil blend.
- Pour the body butter into your prepared storage containers.
Copyright © 1999-2012 Marina Tadiello. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted to share this article with others, provided the article is reproduced in its entirety and the URL of this page, http://www.natural-soapmaking.net/natural-skincare/recipes_bodybutter.html, is prominently displayed.